Gov. Romney: "What's happened in Pakistan has made more clear in the mind of the American public and perhaps some of our Democratic colleagues as well that what we're dealing with in the global war on terror, this war against violent Jihadism, is not just an effort in Iraq or even extended to Afghanistan, but this is a worldwide effort on the part of violent Jihadists who have as the their intent the collapse of all nations, Islamic as well as Western."
While I would like to think that this event has made Jihadism more clear in the mind of "perhaps some of Democratic colleagues". Their actions lead me to believe other wise. What this assassination does underscore is that we need not only a Republican president who understands the threat we face, but we also need a Republican congress and Senate who will not be constantly trying to cut him off at the knees while battling the Jihadists. Given the stakes of our current international situation, the actions of this Democrat Congress and the Democrat candidates seem utterly ludicrous.
* Barack Obama claiming he would bomb Pakistan with or without Musharaff's consent
* Harry Reid saying we have lost the war in Iraq
* Nancy Pelosi visiting terrorist sponsor nation Syria and posing for propaganda pictures with President Assad.
* Hillary Clinton's rhetoric about having a suspension of disbelief regarding General Petreaus
* John Edwards saying that the "War on Terror" is only a bumpersticker
* Obama, Edwards, and Hillary calling for direct talks with Iran
* The Democratic Congress proposing a bill that would offend key alley Turkey at a crucial time in Iraq
* Tying the defense bills for Iraq to withdraw deadline and attaching outrageous pork spending to those same defense bills
GOVERNOR ROMNEY: "I think many of us still fail to comprehend the extent of the threat posed by radical Islam, by Jihad. Understandably, we focus on Afghanistan and Iraq. Our men and women are dying there.We think in terms of countries, because we faced countries in last century's conflicts. But the Jihad is much broader than any one nation or nations. Jihad encompasses far more than the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. For radical Islam, there is an over-arching conflict and goal - replacing all modern Islamic states with a caliphate, destroying America, and conquering the world." (Governor Mitt Romney, Remarks At The George Herbert Walker Bush Presidential Library, 4/10/07)
Governor Romney is the only candidate running for President who has promised to increase our troop levels by 100,000. He is also the only candidate proposing returning military spending and research to the Ronald Reagan levels. In short, he "gets it", when it comes to fighting the Jihadists. If America wants to win this war, they will elect Gov. Romney and give him a Republican Congress and Senate to expedite the process.